Sunday, August 12, 2012

Differences between a husband and wife

As I was preparing dinner for tonight, I started to think about some of the differences Diane and I have. And yes, to all of you out there, I know about the "wiener" and "who-who" difference. (These terms are used by our kids). Maybe these differences are considered more like different perspectives. For example, to me a towel in the kitchen is just that...a towel. One to dry dishes, hands, and then to be hung back up. Well, Diane sees it differently. You see, we have at least three variations of towels in the kitchen: dish, hand and paper. Dish towels, of course, are only for drying dishes. Hand towels are for drying hands and the paper towels are for all other menial tasks like cleaning up spills, etc.
I could go on about our different perspectives. I really don't care if the bed is made, but it drives her crazy if it isn't. It's not that I mind making it either. Maybe I should do that more often, but then she would get upset since I leave for work most days at 6:15 am and she is still sleeping. Actually, that would be kind of funny; me pulling the sheets and covers up and Diane rolling around mumbling "WTF are you doing?" Just making the bed, baby, like I know you like it.
Or the toilet paper roll. This debate has gone on forever in Dear Abby, on Oprah, and probably in the White House as well. Me, I don't give a rat's ass how the paper is hung. In fact, I think we have magical elves that work in my house because every time I leave one sheet on the roll, magically, a new roll appears later. As for the toilet seat being up or down, you'd be surprised to learn that I prefer down, especially at night when I wake up and have to go. I fumble into the bathroom and just sit. It's easier and I hate being blinded by the lights, especially at 3:00 am. Well, there was one time, when as a joke, I left the seat up and Diane had to go in the middle of the night. I got a good chuckle out of it when she let out a yelp as she took a dip a little too far into the throne. Anyway, there are many other differences, but despite them, we seem to get along pretty well. What about you married folk out there? Are there any differences on how you and your spouse see things in you home? If so, please share. Now, where are them elves? I have to go and there's no paper.

No comments: